Re: [Amc-list] Eagle rear diff difaffembly [;)] brake line

Re: [Amc-list] Eagle rear diff difaffembly [;)] brake line

OK, I have a 'new' 2.73 in the Eagle now. Managed to get the u-bolts undone
without breaking any, sawed about 3/4" off the end of several so I wouldn't
have to wrench the nut as far.
Fancy AMC having 2 different yokes on Eagle 2.73 differentials. The u-joint
fits fine but the hold-in straps don't fit one to the other. Good thing I had
spares of the correct style.
Now the only problem is the metal brake line to the rear. I tried not to flex
it too much when taking the hose off but apparently it was too much and I need
the replace the line from the front to the rear. Anyone out there know how
long this line really is? I figure about 6'6". I guess the line was weak
already so this is not entirely a bad thing. Bleedin' screws even came loose
without breaking first.

thanks

Ken