Re: [Amc-list] Boyd Coddington, Hot Rod King, Dead At Age 63

Re: [Amc-list] Boyd Coddington, Hot Rod King, Dead At Age 63

It always seemed that the show was written with a bit of arrogance but to hear that he was that way in real life does not surprise me...Maybe success just went too his head.
Chip Foose, one of Boyd's main protege's however, seems to be the nicest guy in the world...

d stohler <das24rules@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  sad to hear about that.

i did get to meet him at tulsarama last summer. that
big tulsa ok show where they dug up the 57 belvedere.
i will say, MANY of the "do it yourself with what you
got and can afford" guys like myself, got REALLY
ticked off at him. because we didnt have the money to
do everything at once, he was really a real dick to
alot of guys about their cars. very rude comments and
stuff. some guys (like myself) that car means the
world to us, and he makes snide comments about it.

he did have some cool designs and all. but really,
from being around him for a couple days in tulsa, he
wasnt much different there than he was on the show. i
kinda think that he really was an a$$.

so now, i guess its time for flames to fly towards me
for saying this??

dave stohler
http://picasaweb.google.com/das24rules