[Amc-list] Parts Availability

Either I am spoiled or blesses or whatever
but since 1985 I have been dealing with a local auto parts store and to this day I have never had a problem getting parts for my 74 Hornets or any of my friends AMC's I used to work on. I stay away from the chain stores like the plague. If it's not in the computer it no longer available.  My local guy has people who can still read a paper parts book, note the key word "read" and "paper parts book" when the computer says it can't find the part I want the paper parts book comes out. I still deal with people like Kennedy for certain after market repo parts but that it.  Also my independent auto parts store can order parts direct from the manufacturer and also has a choice of different suppliers in the area. I feel sorry for you guys that are stuck with them chain stores.
"Doc"