Re: [Amc-list] 232 inline 6's??

I know it wasn't supposed to go to the list, but watch out for changes in the head where the valve cover mates! They changed in '81 (from tin cover to plastic mid year and they don't interchange I found out the hard way) then again in '87, they went to aluminum valve covers with both the "new" 4.0L and older 4.2L (last few years of 4.2L head look just like the 4.0L head w/o the fuel injection notches cut in)
   If someone is planning an EFI swap to a 4.2L head, the HO would be a better choice because the notched ports for the EFI are much smaller.

From: "Thomas Garner" <Tgarner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] 232 inline 6's??
To: <bogardg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: AMC List <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Is the 232 complete? I'm looking for a spare to chrome up for my 64
Rambler. What parts does it have?
 As for the 258, for the most part it's the same engine with a larger
bore. Both where originally made by AMC. The block and head should be
the same...Unless they made a change when they started using fuel
injection, but I think the block and head are still the same, though I'm
not sure after fuel injection started, some time in the mid to late 80's
I believe.

 The only reason I know is because of the AMC guru's on
amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I will probably have to get the manifold's off ebay. I've seen several
on there that would do.
 Are you willing to sell the 232?

Thomas