Re: [Amc-list] Part numbers again - rotor, condensor, points

Re: [Amc-list] Part numbers again - rotor, condensor, points

" From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
"
" On Tue, 26 Feb 2008, Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
"
" > if you're, or anybodyis worried you can swap the bushing over from the Rambler delco too!
" > I had a GM hei with a bad bushing and needed a quick fix.
" >   I knocked the bushing out of one of the AMC delcos I had and it went right into the hei.
" > It was not as long as the gm bushing, but diameters were the same.
" >   I put the gm hei in a boat that cruised at about 3500-4700rpm. it ran for quite few years on that amc bushing with no issues.
"
" Oh I'm not insisting that there IS a problem, I'm just
" curious... the shaft on distributors I've taken apart has
" a spiral groove (about 2 turns/inch) that draws oil up the
" shaft. The groove is in the shaft itself. Spin it backwards,
" no oiling.

not a problem then.  chevy and amc dists spin the same way; it's the
cams that drive them which spin oppositely and thus requiring
opposite-helix gears.

you can't just spin a dist the opposite way anyway; it'd throw the vac
advance off and raise merry hell with the centrifugal weights.