Re: [Amc-list] 258 Valve Covers

For the price of the aftermarket covers (NAPA stopped carrying them or I'd have one by now!) I'd be better off doing up my 4.0L head I already have (from an '87 Jeep) and putting it on for extra performance with the 4.0L exhaust header (I'll test fit the $65 flexy pipe header I bought on Feebay before installing one of the old ones I have)   Monday I may try re-sealing the plastic cover with the "Right Stuff" http://www.permatex.com/brand_right_stuff.htm and see if it cuts back to a standable weep at the very least! Jim Blair, Lynnwood, WA '87 Comanche, '83 Jeep J10, '84 Jeep J10From: Brien Tourville <hh7x@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>Subject: [Amc-list] 258 Valve CoversTo: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: <47C011D7.1010203@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" "I dislike the plastic valve covers! If I didn't have a 4.0L head, I'd be tempted just to swap the plastic covered one on my Spirit for a tin cover one I have from an '80 Jeep! "  ~~  The word is that the old Tin Valve Covers don't fit the 81' and up 258 which has ledto a large aftermarket of Cast Aluminum Valve Covers as alternatives to the'81+ burn your car to the ground AMC Plastic Valve Covers.       --      =Bt=milnersXcoupam