Re: [Amc-list] Door skin- to skin or not to skin

Re: [Amc-list] Door skin- to skin or not to skin

"Do I understand the 'question' here?  Is it easier (and thus cheaper) to
replace a door skin than to 'de-ding' it??
Let's see??
Cost of Door Skin...
Application of door Skin...
Vs
'de-dinging'...
Ummmmmmmmm...
Unless there is something I've missed, (and I do body work), it seems far
easier, faster, cheaper to 'de-ding' than to re-skin.
So, all that considered, ....
What is it I've missed here??
Jj"

Door skin/door frame construction on late model cars often makes it
worthwhile to replace the outer vs repair because of the thinness of the
sheetmetal. It's still very expensive to do. For dings on an older door I
don't see the justification unless it is ding upon ding upon ding. If that
were the case locating an entire door assembly that is clean would be the
solution.

Steve