[Amc-list] Eagle and Starting a 258

I dragged home an 83 Eagle wagon, probably a parts
car.  It is currently on Ebay as a parts car.  If it
does not sell whole I will start parting it out next
week.  If anyone needs anything, let me know.

The car has good glass and sheet metal.  The front
bumper and all of the fairings are good.  Good usable
grille also.

I plan to keep the tilt column and the complete dash
for a 73 Hornet project.  The car has the underhood
air compressor and rear air shocks.  I don't have it
running yet, but it turns over with the starter.  I
just jumpered power to the ignition at the solenoid
connections.  It fires but won't run on it's own.  I
haven't checked voltages, condition of distributor or
plugs, compression, etc.  I would like to see if it
will actually run.  I'm looking for vacuum leaks too,
which might keep it from idling.  No lights come on at
the dash when the battery is connected and ignition is
on, but I'm not really concerned about that part as
long as I can get 12v to the ignition system.  It has
the TFI ignition.

It has the 258 six and the sutomatic transmission.

The odometer has 179,000 miles so I think it's well
broken in.   The ECU and feedback carb don't appear to
be hacked.  Wiring is hacked in the vicinity of the
solenoid though.

Joe Fulton