Re: [Amc-list] Shipping Fenders (DHL is bad)

Re: [Amc-list] Shipping Fenders (DHL is bad)

And I would beg to differ with you Matt.  Finding a
box to put a fender in, much less two fenders is a
major chore.  I have shipped probably more fenders
than anyone else on this list in the last year or
so... mostly Classic and American fenders and several
doors as well.

I ususally wrap fenders in cardboard and use foam
plumbing pipe insulation to protect the edges.  I have
not had one complaint about damage (mostly shipped via
Greyhound) or poor packaging upon arrival.

Normally I do ship bare doors (no glass, regulators or
handles) in a box but I have also wrapped them in
cardboard.  I have access to a body shop supplier near
my home who can provide large boxes for free.  Even
there I rarely can get fender boxes so the cardboard
wrap is necessary and is successful.  New fenders are
commonly wrapped in a fitted cardboard shell and those
shells don't fit the type of fenders I ship.

I don't think Greyhound has the heavy items in the
baggage belly of their buses to cause damage to a
fender.

Joe Fulton