Re: [Amc-list] 2 bbl intake

I picked up a homemade aluminum adapter for the Renix intake to bolt a MC2100 to it from Craig's list for $10. (and one for the MC2100 to BBD intake)

From: Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] 2 bbl intake
To: "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans." <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Adapting the carb'd intake to the 4.0L head is not realy hard if you do it before you put the head on.
Frank has the plates I made for a Clifford intake.
I used a bow for a boat cover to make mine as it is a hard aluminum.
Doing it without the head being installed makes it easy to see the port alignment.
what I did was sit the intake on top of the dowells in the head, then used a diegrinder to remove material till the port ceilings lined up. That kept the intake as high as possible. Front to rear movement was managed by the exhaust. On that intake I found best alignment by puling the intake forward as far as it would go.
  I also installed grade 8 studs into the head so I did not risk damaging the threads in the head when I tightened the whole thing up.
   Like I said before it sealed fine, no leaks at all. The amc intake should be pretty easy to mount up too.

--
Mark Price