Re: [Amc-list] 2 bbl intake

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, James Shadwick wrote:

> Yes it should fit your 258/4.2...but you will need a later exhaust
> manifold or
> after market header to go with.

He's got a 232, not 258... but as far as I know the heads are
the same.  There is an exhaust manifold that goes with that
intake, you will need it.

I'm gonna put one of these aluminum jobs on my '70 232 in a
month or two.

This new manifold doesn't use exhaust heat (thankfully). There's
a water jacket (which tends to corrode around the water nipples
(steel:aluminum plus bad coolant maintenance) but even if it's
terrible, you can clean it out and epoxy nipples in, which I
had to do. No downside to that really. Anyways there's also an
electric header under the carb, which I've never wired in. It
might help in really cold weather (none like that here).

The water-jacketed manifold means constant carb temp which
is really good for maintaining a state of tune. It's worth
the effort.

Never mind that it saves you about 25 lbs on the drivers side
over that cast iron pig!