Re: [Amc-list] Nash (Rambler) steering wheel puller

On Fri, 1 Feb 2008, Frank Swygert wrote:

> Tom, I posted about making a steering wheel puller a month or two ago
> (maybe three months???). A piece of 3/4" water pipe is the right OD, and
> I think it's standard fine threads for that size.

I welded up exactly what you describe, but tried using the
pipe threads.  Big mistake. Pulled a thread tightening the pipe
into the steering wheel.

I guesstimated (with a thread guage, but it doesn't really fit in
the tight space) 20 tpi, not 14tpi which would be 1" UNF thread.

3/4" pipe (NPT) is 14 tpi, and I know that doesn't fit, you
musta used 20, 24, 18, whatever it is...