--------------------
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 15:50:30 -0800 (PST)
From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>

Got the cash together for rebuilding the 63 Classic's 232, and
I don't trust my old Craftsman torque wrench ... bought it new,
but it's old now. Rather than attempt to have it calibrated
(the pivot binds...) I wanna replace.

Any suggesions? Proto micrometer-type around $150 list is
about what I can afford. It'll be foot-pounds for general
engine/chassis use. Snap-On is outa my range... and probably
not called for since I don't use this every day.

I hope to pull the motor in Feb and have it back in the car in
a month (which probably means 6 - 8 weeks

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"