Re: [Amc-list] 82 Spirit DL 258

My take on it is that you could switch to the V belt but take a close
look at the water pump.  I know on the 4.0 serp belts the water pump
turns the opposite direction as the 258.  Just make sure the water pump
turns the same way with the V belt and it might work.  I know they had
different snout lengths on the crank so maybe the pulleys won't line up
if the snout length is different for the serp belt system.  No real
answers but maybe areas to look at before you start taking things apart.

Both of my Eagles are reverted back to '60's style motors.  You either
need to do the nutter bypass on the dizzy or go with HEI (that is what I
did) and then unplug the connector on the back of the carb and run a
ported vacuum line to the dizzy.  After that all the other stuff can go.

Wayne

66 Ambo 990 wagon, 327, auto, PS, PDB, PW, 69 Ambo 2 dr, 401 M12
83 Eagle Limited, 82 Eagle SX/4
88 J10, a real truck
2001 XJ, 2000 Cirrus (both hers)
http://www.superglider.thinkhost.com/