[Amc-list] 82 Spirit DL 258

So i picked up this 82 Spirit DL with a 258-2v and 5
spd from a barn, it had been in there since the mid
90s. I got everything working, the puppy runs good and
shifts nice. Gave it a comet bath and "Auction Prep"
wax job and it looks nice.
But low speed is sluggish and it doesn't run as my
other I-6s do. When the hood is popped there is a nest
of snakes posing as the engine.
I want to swap out the serpetine belt and put the
V-belt system from my 73 Hornet on it. Do I just go
from the crank pully on up and swap out things. There
is no PS yet so all I'm worried about is the alt but
wire for wire swap should be snap. Right?
Also, can I start pulling "stuff" from the engine
compartment to get this engine back to the 60's and
70's as I am comfortable with. The car is light and
nimble, and I dig rowing that 5-spd, but I hate
opening the hood. And if I can't monkey with the
engine I ain't happy......Russ