From: Larry R. Daum
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] HIgh Performance Cars magazine article
From: hffej54 <hffej@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Amc-list] Hi-Performance Car magazine
Where on line could I view the articles on a 1968 Javelin that
appeared in Hi-Performance Car magazine I believe it was a
build up done by Martyn Schorr in 1968.
Thanks, Jeff

Jeff,
I'm not sure any one has that on line. I don't recall seeing it any
way. Schorr who I believe was the editor of High Performance cars
bought the rights to all his stuff and reprinted a lot of the article
in the late 70 after the magazine went out of business. It was a
magazine I always enjoyed even though they heavily promoted the
Balwin-Motion Chevies. Schorr and Joe Oldham probably destroyed more
factory muscle car back in the day then any one just test driving
them.. Those guy told it like was and could not be bought. I think
Schorr did a Muscle car magazine in the early 80 , that was one of
the first of the revival of the 60's muscle cars.Any way Schorr
collected the best articles from High Performance cars and reissued
them in the late 70's or so as "A Marque Series Book" by Martyn L.
Schorr. The AMC one was called the "AMC Power Book" "Rolling Thunder
 From American Motors" with a black cover and sold for $6.95 back in
the day.Back in the day they did several build ups on AMCs including
a couple on Javelin ,

 but I think the one you want is Project Super Javelin.

You may be able to find a copy on Amazon.com . Considering
this was 30 years ago by the post mark on mine Schorr is more then
likely dead. But the address he used was: "Phase III Publications
LTD., 600 Sunrise High Way, Balwin, L.I. New York 11510 Good luck,
LRDaum