From: mariclairemccall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:mariclairemccall@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 7:28 PM
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Amc-list] Steering column/ignition question

1971 AMC Javelin.
I don't think my first email went through. My ignition was messed up in
my Javelin. I got it to turn to all 3 positions  after I took it all
apart. There is a little thin piece of metal that is curled on both ends
that goes on top of the ignition switch gear. It was broken on one end.

The car will now go through all gears with the ignition off and the keys
out. It will also try to start in all gears.

What did that piece of metal go to? Where is the neutral safety switch
located?
Thanks, Troy