Re: [Amc-list] Sorry about the HTML

-- Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx <Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> There will reach a point that the list will need to change to accept it.
> Yeah, plain text is "safe", but lets be realistic, as more and more web
> based systems come to html only it will restrict membership.     Tom, can
> this be done safely at this point???
> I'm OK for now.  Some people when left with the problem of fixing this
> problem just surrender and walk away. --

It's only partly an "aesthetic" problem. The list software itself, Mailman,
does it. Mailman is like the #1 mailing list software world wide, it's not
off brand stuff.

But I'll see if there's something  that can strip out the COLORS and
BLINKING and graphical smiley-faces and all that.

It's a sad state of affairs, but internet email is a total mess. It's grown
something like (I am not exaggerating) 10,000,000 times in size & volume
since it started, adn there's no standards for content, only delivery.

We can always move to a forum ! but that's a totally different look and
feel. I'm on one software support list/forum that actually allows either
forum (web) interface OR email. I'll look into that...