Re: [Amc-list] Power steering on 64 classic

Re: [Amc-list] Power steering on 64 classic

IIRC, the low profile accessory mounts were introduced on all models
in 1975 in anticipation of the Pacer, which debuted in March 1975.  I
have a "what's new for the 1975 AMCs" special service manual that
describes the changes, but not the true reason behind it, because the
Pacer introduction was delayed.

Technically, that meant the new accessory mounting setup arrived in
late '74, but AFAIK all '74 models had the old style brackets.

--Glen