Re: [Amc-list] Converting manual steering to Power Steering

Re: [Amc-list] Converting manual steering to Power Steering

Jayson,

It's pretty much a bolt-in job. You'll need to use a different steering
coupler (also called a rag joint) and a different pitman arm. Make sure
you use new power steering hoses and replace the rubber part of the
coupler (the one labeled for GM fits). The TSM covers the procedures
very well.

Matt

rebel67@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I'm wanting to convert my 1967 Rambler Rebel 770 290 V-8 from the manual steering to the Power Steering, this coming spring.  I have the pump and the gear box for steering,  and will be overhauling, but what tricks of the trade can you share with me?  Jayson Helenske

mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH
http://www.mattsoldcars.com
1967 Rambler American wagon