Re: [Amc-list] fsj: Re: FWD: a '63 IFS 4x4 Wagoneer and the '67 J-100 pa

Re: [Amc-list] fsj: Re: FWD: a '63 IFS 4x4 Wagoneer and the '67 J-100 panel

The 199, 232, and 258 AMC sixes used Saginaw pumps at least as far back
as 1966 (may go back to 1964) and the brackets you would need were used
up until 1974. You likely need a higher pressure pump than AMC used on
its six cylinder cars due to added weight and much larger tires. The
good news is that all of the pumps are physically the same size on the
outside so once you get the brackets, you can bolt in any pump that you
need. There are two different reservoir styles. The early one is round
with an oval shaped filler neck (was used until about 71 give or take a
year). The newer style is tear drop shaped. You can use either one.

Matt

mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH
http://www.mattsoldcars.com