Re: [Amc-list] Jeep Cherokee Heater / radiator questions -

Re: [Amc-list] Jeep Cherokee Heater / radiator questions -

HO Jeeps (91+) have the sensor in the thermostat housing for the
radiator fan. Earlier Renix (and I think four cylinder/V-6) models have
the fan temp sensor in the radiator.

If you have the "sealed" cooling system with the "overflow" tank in the
right rear (passenger side rear) of the engine bay check the tank real
good. Those are prone to crack after many years of service. The tank is
not an overflow, but part of the pressurized cooling system. The tank
has a pressure cap, no cap on the radiator. Air has to be bled from
those systems carefully! I think they are just on the 4.0L though.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"