Re: [Amc-list] The 'Turbo' Life Cycle (196 turbo?)

Can't Oring a flathead!

---------------------
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 18:20:17 +0000
From: Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx

Couple thoughts hit me real quick.
196's don't have the most stable head gaskets as-is, so are we talking O-rings and or possibly copper gaskets to get even 5 lbs of boost to work?
Second thought is, would you even want to increase the pipe size to the turbo? Would not the stock 1 3/4" pipe keep the velocity up better? This also saves on costs.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"