[Amc-list] Subject: 343 balancer

Message: 11
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 21:04:34 -0600
From: Greg DePratt <gdepratt@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Amc-list] 343 balancer
To: "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans." <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

My 343 is nearly rebuilt but i need a new balancer. I have shopped
the local parts stores to no avail.  Kennedy American wants 150 bucks
plus the old core to send it off to be rebuilt and American
performance wants 200 plus core.  Any ideas where these guys send
their balancer to be rebuilt?  America performance claims theirs are
rebuilt to not rot out like the original but kennedy realy doesn't
know what is done by the guys they send the balancer to .  Checked
jegs too and they are much higher.  Anybody know a better cheaper place?
Thanks
greg

Greg,
	Under the been there, done that and doing the research. Like Joe
Fulton I came up with the Damper Doctor for a rebuild. BUT I also
found out American Parts Deport has had new ones made up and the new
ones are little cheaper then the rebuilt ones. Any way I got a new
one off Doug Noel at APD for my 390 V-8 and I've been happy with it.
The motors not running Yet , but it looks like the original. thanks, LRDaum