[Amc-list] 304 Gremlin

Back in the day, Canada, Regina, Saskatchewan, circa 1970, we had a little club of AMC enthusiasts with the usual Javelins, AMX's and Machines, when a guy applied for membership citing his car was a Gremlin.
It was the fall of 70 and he had just ordered a Gremlin X 304, 4 speed AND a factory 401 engine that the dealership installed prior to him taking possesion.
Car had problems hooking up with street tires, but once it did, it was very impressive. Lot of Gremlin X's got a free pass on the street from the Chevy/Ford guys because of him.
Don
1970 AMX
"The older I get, the better I was."