Re: [Amc-list] 195.6/T5

" From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>
"
" I mentioned the SR-4 only because that's what I had on hand at the time. The SR-4 and T-5 share the same mounting to the bell housing, or so I've been told. I haven't had a T-5 to actually compare until now, and it's still in a parts car and won't be removed for a while. I do know the T-5 was derived from the SR-4. Anything that fits the SR-4 should therefore fit the T-5. Finding an SR-4 in good condition now would probably be much harder than finding a T-5! I'm not certain, but I think the T-4 is a renamed SR-4 though, and it was used in early four cylinder XJs and TJs.

afaik the t4 is an uprated redesigned sr4; the t5 is the t4 with 5th
added.  at one point bw was fooling around with a 't6', with another
overdrive added to the 5th gear synchro.

afaik only ford v6 and v8 t5s got the large 4.85" retainer and 0.670"
pilot; 4-cyl ford, gm, and amc t4s and t5s along with all sr4s had a
4.64" retainer and 0.590" pilot.

i don't believe there were any world class t4s.

" I think the T-86 has the same bolt pattern as the T-96, but I don't know for sure. Andrew Hay probably does. I do know that the T-86 was used as a heavy duty option on 196 powered cars.

i believe it has the almost-square t15 pattern with top 2 holes same
as t10 and long input.  i do know there was a separate hd bell for the
199/232.  i'd like to know how the amc t85/t89 and t10 compare...