[Amc-list] 195.6 OHV Progress (cont'd) Paint

[Amc-list] 195.6 OHV Progress (cont'd) Paint

I thought I would try to duplicate the original look
of the 1965 engine so I tracked down Lancelot
Turquoise Paint today.   The local PPG outlet said the
code had been discontinued.  I believe others have
reported that they could not get this paint.  The
interior paint code for Lancelot Turquoise has a
different color code.   I don't know why.   The engine
paint version (and exterior paint) is P-57 (AMC) and
that's what I was looking for.

I went to the Dupont outlet which is also a great
independent auto parts store and the called the Dupont
Performance Coatings headquarters and tracked down the
formula.  They mixed me a quart in Dupont Centauri
single stage paint.

The is supposedly the same as the AMC P-57 color.  It
is a blue/green metallic.

Dupont formula follows:

Ingredient code (Dupont)     Grams/quart of paint
758                              42.6
705                              4.1
721                              133.8
742                              276.7