Re: [Amc-list] amc on speed's muscle car

That's correct Dave! I believe the SC is for "Sport Coupe" or "Sports Coupe". The mass market CJ-8 was called a Scrambler. The long wheelbase CJ had been sold in the commercial market for some time before the 80s intro of the Scrambler. That's why the "missing" CJ numbers (CJ-4 and CJ-8 were both long wheelbase models).

--------------------
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 22:22:47 -0800 (PST)
From: d stohler <das24rules@xxxxxxxxx>

on the sc/ramblers name, is it actually called
scrambler like the jeeps were, or is it sc/rambler? i
thought the sc would have meant something along the
lines of drag racing. like super coupe or something.
just figured there had to be a reason for the / in
there, and its not called a scrambler.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"