Re: [Amc-list] 195.6/T5

" From: Jim Boone <fljab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" I still lean to getting something like a 3.55 rear ratio, live
" with the short 1st, but have good cruising that the little 195.6
" could deal with. 8.8's are common with a 3.27; maybe that's the
" ticket. Those 8.25" Dart rears don't seem to be all that common
" although I am checking with the local Mopar clubs to see if I can
" dig one up. I see the later 8.8's (which would need to be
" narrowed) already equiped with limited slip - disc brakes -
" reasonably priced - makes them very attractive...

just fwiw, i'm not so sure you couldn't put non-big-nut 3.54/3.55
gears into your existing axle, from a later amc15 or even dana 35.
afaik the pinion bearings and seal are the same.  you'd still be up
the creek for disks though, but you could put 10" concord wagon drums
on.