Re: [Amc-list] 67 Rebel Wagon

I applaud your convictions Kent! I have to tell you though, 550 wagons are hard to come by because they were the bottom of the line. Plenty were made, but since they were "plain jane" strippers with few options and basic power and trans, they were simply worked to near death and put out to pasture... if there was much left to put out. People save the optioned out cars with better power and more trim. Still, I've seen a few bare bones cars restored to all their factory not-quite-glory. It's refreshing to see one at a show full of their more decked out siblings!

---------------------
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 01:22:54 -0500
From: "KENT ANDERSON" <65marlin327@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I appreciate those who have asked about the Rebel so far.  Let me make a couple of comments here.  I don't want to part it out.  It's still a solid car, and is worthy of saving.  The body is very tight, though it does have a few dents.  The floor suffered from the previous owner taking it down through Mexico almost every year.  This car was highly traveled in, and was even set up as their "hotel room" on wheels.  I've removed most of those items, as I had planned on making this my new daily driver, saving my Marlin for shows.  However, I just haven't had the time to devote to this car.  I feel bad about that, as it is a nice looking car, and shouldn't take all that much to resurect.  If I can't put it into the hands of someone who will restore it, I'll just hang on to it, and save it, myself, eventually.  As I understand it, 550 wagons are pretty rare, and this wouldn't be too hard to bring back to life.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"