[Amc-list] Timing cover tear-down pending : Parts Questions ....

[Amc-list] Timing cover tear-down pending : Parts Questions ....

Good morning all,
  I am getting ready to pull my front timing cover on my 1989 Grand Wagoneer, to fix a coolant leak, located just behind where the fuel pump is installed.  While I am in there, I am going to be replacing the timing cover with a new one, installing a new timing set, installing an HEI distributor & new cam/distributor gears.

  What double roller timing sets are people running and what are the ones to stay away from (I remember old posts about some brands not having the oiling passages in the cam gear).  I ran a Rollmaster billet set years ago in my 401 Cherokee.  Very nice set ... what else is out there you all have used?

  What HEI brands are people using?  I ran a DUI in the 401 Cherokee years ago and loved it, but now there a lot of other less expensive brands out there.  Anyone use any of the ones from Ebay and have good/bad feedback on them?

  Also, I am considering the HP cam/distributor gears at http://www.bulltear.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=33 are they worth the extra $$$?

  FYI, the engine in my 1989 GW is a 360 V8 remanufactured engine with about 50,000 miles on it.  It was installed 10 years ago in Tennesee and I don't know the reman brand (probably a Jasper I would guess).

  I am going to replace the stock heavy fan with a smaller flex-a-lite I have and possibly run an electric fan for supplement.

  Thanks all for the feedback.

Sincerely,
Greg Taylor :)  <><

And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.  - 1 John 5:11-12