[Amc-list] lack of power and backfire

well, i think i need to look for a new carb. when i
looked down the throat of the carb. with my light up
in there, it starts to bog out when the venturies just
FLOOD with fuel. so i think something is wrong inside
the carb. like the jets are WAY to huge, like for a
1050 deamon or something. lol. it just has the holley
2 bbl carb. the one with the real tiny throat.

does anyone have an extra that would work? it needs to
be for an auto with the lever on the side for the
kickdown cable. does this carb have needles that sit
in the jet seats like some of the bigger 4v carbs do?
maybe the needles are stuck open or something? i
dunno. i dont want to tear this carb apart. i had the
top off once to replace the plunger and the top
gasket. i didnt pay any attn to jets and needls. just
noted that it was clean and replaced what needed. i
dont want to have to hunt for that gasket kit
again.... i have a like new edelbrock 600 that would
look cool on there. with one of them adapter plates.
wont work with my kickdown cable tho. already tried
it....

maybe someone has a v4 intake and carb?? ;-)

dave stohler
http://picasaweb.google.com/das24rules