Re: [Amc-list] The proverbial, You find them when you really not looking

Re: [Amc-list] The proverbial, You find them when you really not looking....

I keep getting "gentle" reminders to get rid of the "flood car"
So far I have held them off, I know, I hope, someday I will need stuff off of it!
At least I hope so!
This weekends big successes, rebuilt a 7 year old fridgidaire dryer, man I love the repairclinic.com!
they sell everything for appliances, give you directions, help, etc; !!! cost $45 for a maintenance kit, belt, hub,felts etc;
3 hours later a noisy rumbling, shaking rattling beast was as quiet as a new one! Saved us $550 compared to a new one. Thats about the fourth time I've got parts there. Always a good experience.highly recomended.
Then I installed a refurb [RM even visible in my son!] Sony head unit in the Altima took way to much fiddling, but it cam out nice and sounds great.
 Then I got up today and wanted to cry, that little bit of work darned near killed me...
My biggest fear is that some doc or another will decide I don't need the meds that keep me moving.
I wake up in the morning and struggle to the kitchen, take my pills and wait... About 45 minutes later I can move, usually it takes me till 10 am or so to get the gumption up to do anything productive. I could do so much better with my stuff if I didn't have to work, well couldn't we all! :] By the time I get done putting in work hours there is nothing left.
 I'm all used up.
 Tomorrow my son is running up to the salvage yard to pick up a used hitch for the WJ, not sure why I bother, but if I quit, it's all over..
  Never did get the stub shaft in the XJ this weekend :[ The wife took it to church, so I just wrote it off as my plan was to take it apart, go up and make my dad resurface the rotors he warped, then install the stub and see if the hubs are bent or not. If he bent the hubs, I'll be looking for some of them, proabably go ahead and put new ones in as it will be as selling point I guess :[
   I kept the scissor jack from my Dakota and modified it so a 1/2 ratched will drive it. Pretty easy actually, just take a stub 1/2" drive extension and drive it into the end of the extension crank rod. It is slightly smaller then the 1/2" but working carefully it expanded. I now have a decent compact jact that will go under the American in the event of a flat.
  I did not trade the Dakota Jack-less. I put a Cherokee bottle jack in it :]
  I planned on driving the American to work tonight, but it rained and got pretty crappy out, so I gave up on that idea. I do love my WJ!
enough rambling for now.

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV