Re: [Amc-list] woo woo!

-- Armand Eshleman <aje1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Finally a little bit of good luck came your way. Disaster happened in the
> driveway instead of freeway........

The problem was embarassingly dumb -- though it would really been a
disaster on the freeway! --

All that was wrong was the little piece of plastic that slides back and
forth under the escutcheon, all it does is prevent you from having to look
down into the shifter guts. Mere trim! It pulled too far to the rear, the
edge of the aluminum on the console had a small dent, and when I last
pulled it into 3rd, it caught on the aluminum, preventing it from movin
forward. A BIG PUSH! would have forced it, probably breaking something
cosmetic.

All I had to do was gently poke it down with my finger; it then cleared the
aluminum. The fix was to remove the downturned edge of the aluminum so it
wouldnt' catch.

I guess I'm a bit paranoid...

>  The stupid junk muncie shifter
> allowed the transmission to be engaged in second and third gears
> simultaneously. when the clutch was released the trans exploded.
> ... I ended up getting detention for skipping a
> day of school.

Skip class... fix car... skip class... fix car... hmm...

I think you made the right choice :-)

> Still got the Javelin

Wise decision!!!