Re: [Amc-list] head bolt modification

Mike,

Have you hooked an oil pressure gauge up to see what the engine is
making? It should give at least 14 PSI hot at idle but it will be much
higher than that cold. Also, how cruddy was the rocker shaft bolt you
took out to clean the oil passage in the head? It's possible that the
shaft is gooed up internally or the oil slots in the rockers a gooed.

Matt

Mike Kindle wrote:
> Somehow my last message didn't get sent.
> I wanted to post that the head bolt modification went back together well.  I watched the front two rocker arms while looking through the oil filler cap, started the engine and it showed no oil, but after three or four minutes of idling (after stopping once to check the oil level) drops of oil finally started making their way out around the pushrod on the second rocker.  Several more minutes and some revving later, drops of oil finally appeared at the first rocker/pushrod.  Is this normal?  Similar results today.
> I know the rockers were getting some oil before the mod because the valve cover was leaking towards the middle.
>
> At least the valve cover doesn't leak any more.

mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH
http://www.mattsoldcars.com
1967 Rambler American wagon