-------------------------
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 14:28:01 -0400
From: feltonjk@xxxxxxx

First of all I want to thank you all for the advice on the proportioning valve.?? Bear with me.? I took on a restoration project over 10 years ago (with this AMX), bought lots of parts and then due to a?job transfer my project has sat for about 9 years.? To make matters worse, I bit off more than I could chew in the first place (not being a mechanic).? I have everything I need for this power front disc brake setup.? I recently purchased new brake lines from classic tube.? I have the rotors, spindles, calipers etc. on the front end.? I went to install the front brake line into the caliper and found it to be too small for the caliper.? I looked through my notes, receipts etc. and see that I did not have the bendex setup, but the kelsey hayes which came from a 73 AMX.? The calipers fit just fine but the inlet where the brake line enters is in a different location (not on the side of the caliper facing the engine compartment, but on the bottom, facing the ground).? Also I believe
  the inlet to the caliper iteslf is 1/4 while the line connector is 3/8.? I went to an auto parts store and it was suggested I use a brass connector (elbow) with 1/4 to go into the caliper and step down to 3/8 into the brake line.? That would seem to be easiest, but will it work?? Any suggestions?? Did I confuse everybody?

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"