Re: [Amc-list] generators

From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
> The point of "polarizing" a generator is to create, restore, whatever, that
> initial leftover magnetic field. Brush a wire from the F terminal to the
> battery briefly (it'll spark) is all it needs.

I'd do this at a remote point with a jumper and make the spark at the Generator.
Saw a guy get exploded battery on him once.
Tweren't purty.
Him standing out in the parking lot while we hosed in down to get the acid off him.
Lucky he saw the battery start to smoke and turned away before it blew!

Another guy in that shop years before had a major brain fart and checked a battery with a match.
He wasn't so lucky. was blind for a number of days with eyepatches to protect his eyes.
He eventually recoverd his sight, but he was a mess for quite a while!

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV