Re: [Amc-list] gas line vent

No, the vent isn't the problem, neither is the fuel pump. You have an internal carburetor leak, allowing the fuel bowl to drain. I have the same problem in my Jeep!

-------------
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 10:23:02 -0500
From: Keith Evenson <epd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I noticed the vent hose on the top of the filler neck in my 68 AMX
was not connected so I hooked it up. Is that a possible cause for my
fuel to be draining back or the system not holding fuel so if it sits
for 4-5 days I need to pour a little gas in the carb to get it to
fire? Or do I need to look into getting a new fuel pump?  Thanks

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"