[Amc-list] proportioning valve

if you have a SOFT pedal, your vacume booster is
working fine, if it was bad, it would be a harder
pedal. as it is when the car is off and you have
pumped it once or twice. when i put the 2000 mustang
gt brakes on my 62 classic, i had this problem. the
mustang calipers are dual piston calipers. my
mastercylinder was only 7/8". i got ahold of a 1 1/8"
mastercylinder, and things are better now. your
problem is probably that you are not getting enough
VOLUME to the front callipers. if you understand
hydraulics much, there is a big difference in volume
and pressures. it sounds to me like you are not
getting enough volume. you may need to find a
mastercylinder with a bigger piston in it.

just my $.02

i put 2000 mustang gt disk brakes with i think they
are 11 3/4" rotors, dual piston callipers, and a
mastercylinder for an h1 hummer. the prop valve is a
gm style. i got things dialed in pretty good now. i
still have just a little to much rear brake, but it is
tollerable. i still need to buy an adjustable pressure
valve. but it is tollerable for now. hope this could
help you. frank and tom will probably jump in again
anytime now. a subject they are also very good with.

dave stohler
http://picasaweb.google.com/das24rules