[Amc-list] Another One Saved Hopefully

I picked up that nice little 65 American 4-door from
Joe G. in the LA area yesterday.  It needs a motor and
I now have three 196 OHV cast iron cores to work with.
 I hope I can put a dependable motor back together for
much less than $1000 including machining and the
bearings, rings and gasket kit.  I have enough 196
valves that I won't have to buy any valves and have at
least one good set of .040 oversize pistons.

I plan to put a set of photos on photobucket while
building the motor.

Joe works at the movie/tv studio and has managed to
get this non-running car used as scenery in two
movies.  It's a barn car...sat in a barn for 20+years.
 A repaint job is chipped but Joe and family had
cleaned it up really well inside and out.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA