----------------
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 12:56:39 -0500
From: Peter Marano <PMarano@xxxxxxxxx>

Frank Swygert wrote:
One thing to note when changing trannys from pre 63 (64 American) and post is that the speedo turns the opposite direction. The speedo runs off the TOP of the driven ger on the tailshaft in early cars, bottom in late ones. The reason is that early cars are taller and have a shallower trans tunnel.

Peter replied:

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"