[Amc-list] 68 AMX gauges

I am having trouble with the gas and temp gauges in my AMX. When I got
the car neither gauge worked so I bought a new temp sending unit and
that did not fix it. So I got another gauge cluster to see if it was my
wiring or what. The new cluster did not work either so as I was looking
at them I noticed my original cluster did not have the "connector or
choke assembly" so I put that in mine and it made my gauges move but
still not right yet. I switched the voltage regulator with another one
now both gauges go to the top way above full and over hot as soon as
the engine starts. Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing
this? Thanks