From: "dan whitehead" <freebird_58@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, October 13, 2007 9:32 AM
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] 70 Javelin Dash Crash pad

> Armand,
> I have one sitting in the garage that is going in my Donohue.  The quality
I feel is excellent.  It is a one piece molded item so there will be no
seperation or lifting as in the originals.  The pad grain looks just like
the original and color is very good.  As I said it's not installed yet, so I
can't testify to the location of the studs being correct, but if they're
close it's not hard and not noticable to slot or make new holes.  I know
it's not what you want to do when you spend that much money, but hey
sometimes that's what it takes.  I bought mine from Kennedy and as always
very happy with the merchandise.

> Dan Whitehead
> '70 BBO Donohue
> '69 AMX
> '82 Spirit
> >> --- Armand Eshleman <aje1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:>> > Whew!!> >> > I
finally got that crash pad off the Javelin, had to> > lay fae up on the> >
driver seat with my 6' 2" body sticking across the> > passenger seat and
out> > the door. Had to suck my big belly in to slide it> > under the
steering wheel.> >> > I'm not sure I want to fix the crash> >
pad.............> >> > Several cracks and my fear is that it'll just warp> >
and bulge up again like> > it was before.> >> > Has anyone seen one of those
repops that the AMC> > parts guys are selling??> >> > The description of the
part is it's made of> > urethane.......> >> > Does that mean there is no
vinyl cover on it??> >> > I would really appreciate it if some one could
tell> > me they've seen one, and> > describe the quality to me....> >> >