[Amc-list] road trip

i made it home with my rambler with no problems at
all. put almost 900 miles on it last weekend and only
busted the speedo core, and a lower radiator hose. not
bad i guess.

yesterday however, my generator died on me. i started
hearing a whine i thought was from it, then a slight
ticking, and then it died. the whining started wed
evening. earlier this spring i tore it down and put
new brushes in it. with my little inspection mirror, i
dont think the back of the rotor i think it is called
(the piece inside that spins) dont look like its
spinning... will get it off and tore apart today to
check out. dont supose anyone has a spare they could
part with if i need one do they? what is the best
alternator to fit in there thats not to big around to
fit in, and has an internal regulator so i can get by
without that big one on the fender? im SURE someone
has bypassed this before right??

hope everyone has a good weekend.

p.s. EVERYONE NEEDS TO EMAIL GLAD AT CARCRAFT AND TELL
HIM TO KEEP IT AMC, REBUILD THE 370, OR BUILD A 401,
BUT KEEP IT AMC!!!!!!

dave stohler
http://picasaweb.google.com/das24rules