Re: [Amc-list] Good news--maybe

A: Definitely not an AMC motor. Dist on wrong side. Going to have to find out what trans and bell it has now. IH did have a 5 speed with O/D for a few years (highly sought after)

From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] Good news--maybe
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

" From: Jim Blair <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" I forgot to mention the IH is a '69

and it has the in 241, not an amc 232?  i know they used 232s in '69;
i thought it was because of emissions rules that kicked in in '68.

" The IH 4 speed is a side shift trans (was 4 speed on the column)

yow!  my knowledge of cornbinder trannies is limited, but i don't know
of -any- non-car side shifters!  i'm definitely curious...  and that's
only the 2nd detroit column 4 i've even heard of.  i was beginning to
wonder if i'd made it up.

" and my buddy is looking for a reasonable priced 5 with overdrive for
" it rather than mess with the divorced tcase setup.

hmmm...  the spicer from an army deuce?