Re: [Amc-list] Selling my Eagle.

You're only about five hours or so!  ;-) I used to work as a field service engineer driving most places from Buffalo & Syracuse, NY to Durham, NC and from Central New Jersey to Indianapolis and Ann Arbor, Mi.  I also have relatives that moved from here to Elkins a little while ago.  My step-mom's grandson and his family.

Well... one of the reasons for my selling the car is that I just don't have the place to work on anything, much less anything for fun.  When the weather is good, I need to run around to get all of the outside things done, with automotive things for fun only being low on the list these days.  A couple weeks ago when it was time to replace the carburetor gaskets due to leaking, I thought I might like to put on the Howell, but got started too late to go through fooling with the not-empty fuel tank, mounting the fuel pump and filter, and running the electrical connections.  I bought it because I am not a carb tinkerer either.  I even went got a used air cleaner to modify to fit the GM throttle body so that I could use the stock hot air riser and cold air intake.

What I'd really like to do is convert it to diesel with a VM setup like Jeep did, but I am again faced with the facility problem, not that much time, and Pennsylvania's draconian laws for "specially constructed vehicles".  It took over two months to get my registration plate, sticker, and card, and a VIN plate that I had to affix to the tongue of the trailer I built.  Sheesh.  I can't imagine what a PITA it would be with a 20-year-old car with a much newer engine using a different fuel would be.

Anyway... I hope your injection works out.

Regards,

Russ (from Pa.)