Re: [Amc-list] Amc-list Digest, Vol 10, Issue 3

Re: [Amc-list] Amc-list Digest, Vol 10, Issue 3

The headliner and door inserts are perfects.  Seats are in very poor shape (ie. nothing but springs at the driver's back) and the rubber mat on the floor is dried up and coming apart in big chunks.

I'm having new seats done for the '62 Ambo, so I can sort of play musical chairs and move the Ambassador seats into the green car.  The seats currently in the Ambo have a few small tears in the fabric, but I have NOS seat covers that I bought at the Denver show this summer that I can put on.

Oh yeah - the vinyl on the door pulls is shot (they all seem to crack) but I have spares in the correct color.   My goal is to have a decent-looking, reliable driver for under $500, so the more stuff I can pull from the parts cars or from my disorganized stash in the garage, the better!

The downside is this: I now have 4 Ramblers that are the same metallic green as the Deluxe you saw, and I'm ready for a new color!  Is wish this car was that buttery yellow color. The Ambo is red and my '59 wagon is off white with salmon roof and interior . . .  that '59 has a pretty combination.

-Justin