Re: [Amc-list] shock absorber selection

That Gabriel online catalog lists shocks by application only. What I need
is to find a shock that is X inches fully extended, Y inches fully
collapsed, a Z inch ride height, and stud mounts both ends. And I have no
idea what car that might be under.

The problem is that it's easy to find the part number for the early
american front shock, but it is not made by anyone -- not even Gabriel's
special apps department. I called. NOS isn't reasonable, the rubbers will
be all bad (and they're unique to that shock) and expensive, if available
at all.

The problem is that the lower eye is wildly unlike ANY OTHER SHOCK EVER
MADE, it's unique to that model.

So I made a new lower mount, but nothing like a stock shock will fit.
Someone must have had this problem before me!