Re: [Amc-list] Amc-list Digest, Vol 9, Issue 45

From: Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] OHV 195.6 Stuff
Let me know when you want to do that. Somewhere in the mess I used to call a shed are a couple of warranty pull 1995 Mistu 2.0L turbos. They came from low mile cars that the owners said were "noisy" My buddy who pulled them said the cars made the same noise after new ones were installed! One should be about the right size for a low rpm 196 :] Then there is the problem of finding them. The thing I noted when I got them is that while he thought they both came from the same year/body they do not match.

Well, sure, if you get around to finding them, I'd take one. While the rebuilt engine has the stock compression ratio, I still have the engine that's in the '65, and it could be rebuilt using forged pistons for a low ~8:1. I believe that's all it would take on this engine other than the fabrication required to mount/drive the turbo. It sounds like fresh motivation to start on this project anew!

Jim Boone
Mims, FL