Re: [Amc-list] OHV 195.6 Stuff

--On Sunday, September 16, 2007 05:22:56 PM -0700 JOE FULTON
<piper_pa20@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am planning to sell a cylinder head off of an OHV
> 196 engine if it passes a crack test.  It will go to
> the machine shop tomorrow.

That would be a good thing to save! Too bad it's been overbored, but maybe
they go up to .060...

I would really like to build an aluminum 195.6. It would probably be an
expensive project though.

Thanks for the photo of the oil pump. I still wonder if a remote filter kit
would let it fit in the American.

> was parked.  All of the plugs were fouled with soot
> and there was one bent pushrod.

Gives me the shudders. I amd still a bit freaky about this motor with
bending pushrods, even though I really did find and cure the cause, and
it's started after run and then cold multiple times...

I'll start it again in the morning to make sure... again!

I had a small boon of cash, which is getting spent on the car... Pertronix,
wheels, ...